Afternoon tea


Hello world,
So on days when its rainy I like to bake... And with the UKs weather being well pretty crappy I thought I would do a little blog post on the cake I am absolutely loving right now. 

Victoria Sponge cake has to be my upmost fav, especially for afternoon tea. Its just perfect! 
Of course for the perfect cake there has to be the perfect recipe. So I thought I would share it with you. 

Victoria Sponge:

Self raising flour - 225g
Stork (Margarine) - 225g
Caster sugar - 225g
Baking powder - 2 tsp
4 eggs

For the filling:
Raspberry Jam
Extra thick double cream

Method:
Mix everything together until nice and fluffy. 
Bake in the oven in 2 cake trays for 25mins on 180 degrees C. 
After letting them cool off, apply the thick double cream to one side of one cake half then the raspberry Jam to the other cake side and then sandwich together. 
Tah Dah! You got yourself a beautiful Victoria Sponge cake!!!

If you have any questions about making this please don't hesitate to ask in the comments! 
Love Lucy x


Comments